Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Smith Botanical Gardens

These were some of the beauties I encountered at the Smith College Botanical Gardens greenhouses. Just like in California in winter, I am always surprised by just how much is blooming this time of year. These amazing plants just can't imagine the cold of a New England winter. Here are all the names of all the things I found. If you find this incredibly nerdy, just wait until I am in England.

Above: Thunbergia battiscombei


Camellia japonica 'Tam-No-Ura'



Rhododendron cubittii


Nerium Oleander (did not get the cultivar name)


Rhipsalis



Peperomia fraseri


This little gem was given to me by friend Sarah Gruver. It now has six blossoms blooming sort of horizontally from one another. It's name is Saxifraga cuscutaeformis (dwarf strawberry begonia).

No comments:

Post a Comment