Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring at Merriments


On Saturday it was rainy so I drove around the countryside. I stopped at Merriments, a garden and nursery close by that I visited during my October garden tour. It was nice to see the garden again, cut to the ground and showing off its new spring leaves. 

Above: Omphalodes verna 'Starry blue'


Viburnum x bodnantense 'Dawn'
I liked this in combination with Hellebore foetidus


A nice spring section


And the lovely Hepatica


Salix udensis 'Sekka'
Native willows are showing off their yellow, fuzzy blooms all along the roadsides.


I thought this was an interesting shot of the two hedge materials (yew and beech) meeting up. Seems pretty dramatic with the clean, trim trunks of birch trees.


Very vibrant yellow green of the emerging Tanacetum vulgare 'Isla Gold'


Erysimum pulchellum, a carpet of wall flowers!

2 comments:

  1. I just saw something like that willow this morning in the rising sun - so beautiful on a spring day! I will have to look up the name of that blue Hepatica.
    Thanks for sharing another great garden! It is fun to see everything so current.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briony Morrow-CribbsMarch 21, 2012 at 8:42 AM

    The shot of the Yew and the Beech hedges meeting reminds me so much of your beautiful prints and paintings. It's partly the subject matter - those lovely white birch trees creating that great rhythm - but it's also the colors. Yum! Thank you for sharing Helen!

    ReplyDelete