Sunday, June 12, 2011

Plant Combinations



June is a time for green growth, especially this year with the combination of so much rain and then so much heat.  I have zeroed in on some wonderful planting combinations tucked in amongst the jungle of new leaves. Above are daisies back dropped by lush Ligularia foliage seen in the Hayward's garden.


Geum, Campanula, Aquilegia, Ranunculus, and Trollius planted in the Spring Garden at the Hayward's. 

Amsonia heubrechtii seen flowering at the Berg's. I love the backdrop of pink Geranium macrorrhizum and the red Berberis.


Lychnis x arkwrightii 'Lengai Orange' combined with the foliage of Lespedeza bicolor in my garden. (The next few pictures are all from my garden.)


Sweet pink Alium unifolium poking through the leaves of nearby Hosta, Ligulaira, and Fothergilla.


The color of your house can really make or break a plant. In this case I think the red house really makes this Thalictrum 'Black Stockings' stand out. This Thalictrum is falling over onto the strong, upright leaves of a shrub clematis, possibly Clematis tubulosa?



Here is a beautiful mess of a Heuchera (I always called this one 'Bridal Veil' but I can't find a record of it) falling into Allium schubertii, under planted with Sedum cauticola, with the fallen petals of Peony 'Blaze.'

No comments:

Post a Comment